Idea for Raspberry Pi

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyGodAL3X

In Runtime
Hey Guys,

I am wondering if you are better at finding these things than I am, because I can't seem to find out.

I pre-ordered a Raspberry Pi and I would like to make a coffee table with a touch screen in it (which will be operated from the RasPi)

My question is two part:

1) Does the fedora OS they made for it support touch screen technology (looking at a dell touch screen monitor right now)?
2) Do you have any idea how it would be used to control my TV/entertainment system? Like a universal remote

Let me know

My guess is that Fedora probably has repositories for it. It's the same distro, just made differently to accommodate the ARM processor.

You can use XBMC to control your TV, I think.

Sweet, and those Fedora repositories, do you know if they work with only specific touch screen?

And as for XBMC it will control the TV/entertainment system like a remote can? (turn on/off, switch inputs, volume up/down, change channels)

I do not know. I never used touch screens with Linux.

I think you'd need a TV tuner to do so. Not all sure what this baby can do.

Let me know if anyone gets one. We need a TF review on it!

i should get one by April 3rd, says so on my back-order. but you never know.

i've been kicking around the idea of using r.pi for folding at home. i assume its low power and heat.

what case do ya'll plan to use with this device?

AFAIK, they are developing a case for it, but no hard evidence. Just get out your Legos. :p

But, I might just attach it to my desk or wall for now.

If I manage to make the coffee table with the touch screen, I just planned on mounting it on there somehow.
Somewhere on the wood of the actual coffee table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom