how the install xemacs executable file

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopyAU

Baseband Member
i'm a new user of linux , so properly my question is so normal with u guys that every one can know it
i'm using fedora core 4 at the moment, i want to have executable file of the program called xemacs( text editor), but when i downloaded it and followed the instructions to install the executable file in xemacs , but i can't get xemacs executable file , properly i did something wrong with the step called ./configure ..., so can u guys plz help me thanks :)

i actually don't remmber exactly , but i think it didn't have any error exept when after ./configure ... and i typed "make install" then it came out with whole lots of processes and at the end of the lines it showed some weird errors then ofcourse i can't have xemacs executable file ,
i think i put the xemacs file that i downloaded in /usr/src , do u think it's should be in there
can u help me to find out the problems thanks

i think it should be installed in /usr/bin , but i did go through the make step but it still doesn't work , but hold on ... at the very last step of the installing process the instruction says i have to download " efs-*-pkg.tar.gz " file or "xemacs-base-*-pkg.tar.gz" , it may be the reason why my installation doesn't work , but the problem is i can find these two files at all , i try to search on google but still
do you thinks this is the main problem

sorry the file efs-*-pkg.tar.gz it actually has alot on google, the "-*-" shows the version of xemacs i'm using ,but i can't find the rite one on there , i'm using version
xemacs-21.4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom