How to download MP3's

Status
Not open for further replies.

cristo33

Solid State Member
I am lifetime windows user who has just recently switched to Linux Suse 10.1. I was wondering if anyone has some suggestions for setting up a linux box to be able to download MP3's and get them onto their MP3 player. Please keep in mind I am totally new to Linux and have about 2 hours worth of experience. Also, I was wondering how some of you got started in Linux and can you recommend any good websites or books that can help introduce a lifetime windows user to Linux. One day I hope to get my LPIC1 and possibly have a career in Linux.

Well, how do you currently download MP3s, and what kind of MP3 player do you have?

Books get outdated fast, so the internet is the best way to get information about Linux. I don't know of any good sites of the top of my head, but I'm sure Jake, Macdude, or another user could point you in the right direction.

(Is Jake still around? I haven't seen him lately.)

i agree. it's a lot easier to familiarise yourself with linux as you go. i definitely reccomend looking at some commands references though. most MP3 players should simply plug in, be detected and be accessible through a file manager where you can drag and drop files onto them. in some cases (i'm not sure how this varies from distro to distro) you may have to modify your "fstab" file to "mount" the MP3 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom