How does everyone use Kali Linux?

suiited&booted

Beta member
I'm interested in how people prefer using Kali, do you run Kali on a virtual machine? Are you more into dual-booting, if so what OS do you run your VM on? Do you use live CD or USB? Or is Kali Linux the only OS you will never need and no else could tell you otherwise?

I use VirtualBox to run Kali on my Windows10 machine. I've always been pretty satisfied with it. Obviously I wish I could get more out my hardware though. Do I switch to dual-boot? Or do I just build a dope PC with loads of RAM and SSDs and continue running it as a VM?

All thoughts appreciated:)

Over the years I have experimented with Kali but trust me I'm no expert on the subject. I was asking a lot of questions my self a while back about Kali Linux hear on the forums because I have or had in anyways no idea what it was about. All most everything I know is self taught to an extent and when I was asking questions I was pretty much to find out that Kali is just another Debian OS with pen testing tools built in to it.

I have experimented with Debian and Ubuntu a lot over the last 5 years especially when it comes to installing VPN and setting up software but Kali Linux I couldn't get my head around the whole VPN side of things because I watched a few youtube videos and apparently a lot of people set up proxy chains and also people use TOR.

I set Kali up originally to be a full installation on my Primary system because I wanted the full experience but simple things I missed because I didn't read any documentation about I just downloaded it and burned it too USB.

I never also to, really used the tools in Kali as it was I found a very steep learning curve, I'm happy to an extent being able to interact and use a system but the nature of the overall system of Kali I just wasn't really interested.

I do enjoy learning about networking but I also have my limits, as long as I can understand what I'm doing and everything works despite being quite technically mined and liking to experiment I'm happy with that.

But yeah because of the nature of the tools of Kali I just lost interest because it wasn't really my thing.

Back
Top Bottom