How Do I enable dual moniters in Red Hat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
In DOS both moniter are on. when I finish installing linux only one moniter came on. no big deal. however when I update linux through the internet, upon reboot the second screen looks like this. the first is still fine fine though

Bad Moniter.jpg

Looks like it doesn't support the refresh rate. Try booting in safe mode (failsafe) and set it to lower resolution+refresh rate (dunno if this works)

There should be an option in the bootmenu. If you have any. I don't know where the control panel in Red Hat is.

dual head in linux is a little tricky, you have two options, separate screens or half on each

in either case both vid cards must be supported and you have to edit the xconfig or xfree86config yourself by hand, the configuration file for the X server is very well commented but there's a whole bunch of options, check the docs for details

I have a dual VGA card nvidia geoforce 4. I see so much documentation, I can't find it.

oh ya, one other very important detail, although you will probably be ok w/o it, goto nvidia's website and download their linux driver, it needs to be installed while logged in as root and in console mode, that will enable graphic acceleration when in X.That also involves changing 2 lines in the xconfig file.

It will run fine w/o it, but if you want to play any games that need openGL, you will need to install the driver from nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom