hey horndude

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRecluse

In Runtime
is there a big difference between slackware 10.0 and 10.1? i have 2 install disks of 10.1 but i read that it has problems that didn't happen in 10.0

goto http://www.slackware.com and check the CHANGELOG near top of page for 10.1 release, it will list what was changed, only thing I noticed is in 10.1 checkinstall works like it did in 9.1 which is good, 10.1 is mostly bugfixes, nothing major, next release should include 2.6 kernel as main default option

the libraries in 10.1 seem to be a little better in some ways, havent spent much time with it yet, still running 9.1 on main box and dont see a reason to change that, it works and ive spent lots of time getting it the way I want it LOL.

yeah, i looked through the changelog, but i just read that others had problems with it compared to 10.0

i'm on FC3 still right now, what would be the easiest way to burn the slackware isos?

while in the directory where you downloaded it use cdrecord:
as root code:

cdrecord -v speed=x dev=0,0 -data <filename.iso>

x=speed you want to burn,dev-0,0 assumes cdburner with scsi emulation(most common setup) as first drive of that type

cdrecord -scanbus will show it if it isnt 0,0

will the write to disc option under nautilus work? and if so will it be write to: cdrom or write to: file image

probably, but dont know for sure, an ISO is a cd image ready to burn........

only burner apps I use are cdrecord via commandline and xcdroast occasionally

might have to try adding the module:
modprobe ide-scsi

OR

edit grub or lilo to include:
append /dev/hdx="ide-scsi"
where x is your cdburner and make sure /etc/fstab is setup right

nautilus tells me it can't burn the cd, and when i go into the details it says to make sure i'm logged in as root.. would i have to log into the gui under root?

nah, this is the first time i've tried to burn a cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom