help! yahoo messenger for edubuntu OS (T_T)

Status
Not open for further replies.

macriz

Beta member
hey! guyz! im a new user of what so called edubuntu OS im usually using windows OS before.. so now i dont have idea how to use some of its feature..
and my problem right now is i want to download yahoo messenger.. can you guys help me.. tnx a lot!! have a nice day to all!!..
:D

MACRIZ

Well, Yahoo only makes a Windows version of the official Yahoo client. However, the official Yahoo client is laggy and full of adware, so Linux has it's own messenging app called Pidgin.

Assuming Edubuntu has the same basic layout of normal Ubuntu, Pidgin should be under Applications -> Internet -> Pidgin Instant Messenger. It supports AIM, Yahoo, MSN, Google Talk, and many other instant messenger protocols all in one application.

Pidgin is such a darn nice program, macriz, I actually recommend that you use it on your Windows platforms too!

Home | Pidgin

100% agreed. I don't use any "official" clients because all they are are adware, spyware, and trojans....look at AIM's official client, every time you turn it on, it spams popups in your face, same with pretty much all of them.

Pidgin doesn't do that, it's just an instant messenger program that does a REALLY nice job of what it does, without infecting your PC with spam or spyware or viruses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom