Help me sticking to Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh really

Yup mann everyone reading this thread knows that i need c++ library, but ur post will be appreciated if u put in some fingers effort to type how do i install that **** and where from ?

FEDORA

well finally i got it, fedora core 4

mann it rox.. but it seems more like RH.

well tonight i gonna explore the more outta it like torrents and all.. thanks a lot buddies..

juz a question to give u guyz a brain excercise..

is there a way to mount devices automatically when my session or system starts..

In SuSe everytime i used to login to root to and mount my partition..

But here in fedora when i opened terminal and trying mounting it, then it gave me an error that it is root process and when i wrote login and trying logging to root account, then also it didn't login..

so what is the solution.. shall i use my root account to login to fedora or what, i donn know but it automatically logged me in with the user which i Gave during installation..

and do Root gives all this GUI and everythin.. ?? what is the differnce

regards
Realin !

wanna try again in english please?

I understand part of the above, I think.

Fedora core IS Redhat, goto their freakin website.

If you want devices mounted at boot, then edit the /etc/fstab file while logged in as root.

To change to root, type su in a terminal, then your root password when it asks for it. Hit ctrl-d or type exit to get out of root and back to regular user. System config files can only be edited or changed while logged in as root.

GUI? What about it? There's like a dozen to choose from in linux.

NOOBY WOOBY

well why do i feel, that even when i m in root, linux hides so much from me :(

do linux hates its users so much? well thing is i installed the bit torrent package, i was so happy that the rpm file jus ran with a double click and installed, now the problem is, where did installed proggie went off..

unlike Ms windows it wasnt in the start menu, there is no program file folder. as far as i believe, it should be some where in /root/usr or /root/bin but how would i recognize it ?

I mean it is so tuff to do such kinda stuff... even there is no find option shown by the file explorer ?

Do they say privacy even from the administrator ?? :D

quit trying to apply windows ideas to linux, linux isnt windows, its unix for the desktop basically

btdownloadcurses and btdownloadgui probably ended up in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin, search for them and check, or check the rpm log file and see where they got installed to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom