Help me sticking to Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

real_in

In Runtime
since 7 years it is been with me... aah nuthin else but microsoft windows..
well now i tried shifting myself like to linux, as the world is doing, but the thing is that microsoft gave such a nice weed, that no one can juz stop smoking that.. hehehe

well now coming to the point.. i found in some old discs of mine an open source SUSE 9.1 so that created an interest of linux in me, so i installed it, somehow i learnt how to mount few devices.. but not properly though..

now i heard the famour fedora realese so though of downloading it, but til now, after 2 days, i cant figure out, that how do i install a torrent client in this LINUX

i downloaded bittorrent it is with extension .rpm for that they say i need somethin called python, i googled it, read installation notes.. it said u need C compiler, i downloaded it.. now i extracted it but i cant see anythin to install with it, i mean anythin like configure or makefile..

please help me i downloaded something that is called Xerces-C++

a noob

Mannnn

i m a noob, trust me, linux is a new world for me, i donn know what those two links were for, if u gave that to download a package, then what package shall i download

if u gave that to download fedora, then i need to download other torrents too, so i really am in the need to run a torrent client..

duh i miss my BITLORD in winxp :(

juz that i did, but here is the error :(

warning: xerces-c-2.7.0-3.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 5e3d7775
error: Failed dependencies:
libstdc++.so.6 is needed by xerces-c-2.7.0-3
libstdc++.so.6(CXXABI_1.3) is needed by xerces-c-2.7.0-3
libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4) is needed by xerces-c-2.7.0-3

regards
Realin !

get a packet manager like apt if your having problems, it can get deps if needed. Why not try installing something from source?

Suse doesnt have a C compiler? thats right its not there HA!

I'm not going to be one of those guys whos like "you have a problem format and reinstall <insert os of choice here>!"

because that doesnt help anyone. If you want to learn linux theres more frendly distros like Fedora/Mandrake. But I wouldnt recomend them. I would say slackware, if the "hard" install doesnt throw you off then your ready for a distro whare if you follow instructions it will work. Its also better sticking with a distro that is still free, it seems like the Suse personal is just scraps to have the users in a cashgrab to get there professional and it seems redhat is using Fedora for beta testing.

I'm no guru by any means, but linux is by no means ready to replace windows for the average user. In most cases if you want something to work you have to work for it. Then again when it comes to installing it again its a snap.

Hope this is some what usefull.

SuSe Crashed

well i install the above said pack, if gave me a warning to corrupt the system, but i ignored it and hence the linux got crashed, so i had to reinstall it and this is where i m

i have got the snapshot of the error which Yast gave me.

also i m sticking to linux only, i love to face the troubles when geeks like u help me out :D

Attachments

• snapshot1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom