Help me choose a linux distro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya they both suck:SuSe unless you get the pro edition requires downloading alot of software and its based on another distro to begin with

Fedora is a group of guys that split off from redhat and started a community distro, thats good and bad

try slackware and be done with it, been around a LONG time, good support, and it just works

How does slackware do with WineX, i am hoping to get World of warcraft on the computer.

Better check how winex does with any games first, from what ive seen these emulators like wine, winex, and cedega dont work worth a damn cept for a few select games, and thats to be expected, they essentially take a windows game and put inside a wrapper that acts like windows inside linux, thats a nightmare waiting to happen.

google for winex and see what their site says

I know all about WineX, and i know i can use it for WoW, but i need to know how slackware handles it.

First off, Fedora is not a split from Redhat. It is a Redhat sponsored community project because they now charge for RHE. It is coded by the same guys who make redhat though. Very very good for n00bs, and actually quite good for servers. As for a desktop, you can't get any better than Gentoo. I would rate slackware as a mediocre flavor. Just my 2 cents...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom