help:forgot fedora core 4 username&password

Status
Not open for further replies.

daric

Solid State Member
help!
if there have anyway to login to linux fedora core 4 if i forget my username and password.
i would like ask for help from those have this experienced before or whose know the way to hack it.

daric,

Do you remember your password for your root account? If so login into a terminal and type useradd add a new user and password and use that.

IF YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN THE ROOT PASSWORD

what bootloader are you using? I know in Lillo you can just go CTRL + X, this will send you to the Boot prompt then type Linux single, this will change you to root without a password and then type passwd and change it login and create a new user as discribed avove

In Grub When you are presented with the Grub menu, hit the 'e' key. This will allow you to edit the current boot options. Add the ' single' to the line that begins with 'kernel /vmlinuz'. Now press 'b' to boot with the modified boot options.

You'll now be presented with the command line. At the command line simply enter 'passwd'. You'll be prompted, twice, for a new password.

Type in 'exit' and the machine will continue booting into the normal process. Your root password has now been changed.

Or backup your data using Knoppix Live and then do a reinstall

hope this Helps

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom