Has anybody tinkered with the new Unity interface?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the new interface has a ways to go. I have no problem running beta software, but this stuff is in alpha yet, and still has a ton to be worked out. I'd love to try it out more but right now I still need productivity machines. From what I did use Unity for, I was surprised at its speed. I am VERY thankful Ubuntu ditched Gnome Shell. While GS has a lot of potential, I'm just not sure what their motive was with it, considering their language choice to base it on as well as it not being compatible with Compiz, which made a lot of people angry.

I think Unity is an interesting choice, and I'm happy to see such swift movement with it. But I won't judge yet - I'll wait till it's released. But so far, so good.

Mak - about the num lock thing, I noticed my desktop doesn't fire up num lock by default at the Ubuntu login screen, but once I put my password in and it logs in, it kicks it on. I never noticed this before... I just always knew that when I used the number pad on the right side it would always work without needing num lock. Likewise, I also don't have numbers in my desktop password like you do, which is another reason I never took notice.

Just wanted to add that in case it helps fill in the blanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom