GUI wont load in ManLin10

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSrebel

Solid State Member
When I boot up, the Bash opens and the Gui wont load with the init 5 command or the startx command. Whats up?

I think it may have something todo with the fact that i dont have supervga graphics installed

Well, without knowing what youve done already and more info nobody can help you other than either some really stupid guesses or just plain dumb luck.

whats it do when you type startx?

have you configured X?(Mandrake does this by default on its own I think)

what kind of hardware do you have?

I could ask about 20 questions here, some voluntary AND relevant info would help greatly

I think it has something to do w/ vga graphics. I can't find the SVGA driver for linux

ok, well the svga library is usually something that comes with most linux distro's by default, check /usr/docs and see if its got something there, or use your package manager and see if its installed

so, far Ive asked twice, no useful info in order for me or anyone else to help you, im out of here, that was the last try........

someone else, jump in and help if you want
peace

Try running linconfig at your bash. well, it's either linconfig, or linuxconfig, linuxcfg, just try them all. It will take you to a visual utility, you can fix X there.

What's your hardware & distro???
I'm sure with low-resolution & some of generic vga driver X shold start.
Without your conf. to say any more is rather hard.

if U learned kernel & modules configurations? Components U installed. Mandrake has good installing script, i've never seen this troubles on this version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom