GRUB2 disappeared from boot somehow..

Zekester2097

In Runtime
How did this happen?? Somehow yesterday, I booted up my laptop, saw the usual EFI "Toshiba. Leading Innovation" screen, then instead of loading into GRUB2, It showed the Windows loading wheel... I can't figure out how to get it back. I cannot use my live CD (actually its an 8GB flash drive), since its acting up for some reason, for example, it freezes constantly, and when i open the applications box thing, it doesn't show anything... I somehow got it (by "it", I mean my PC) to load into Ubuntu from the Boot Options thing in WIndows 10, but I forgot how I managed to do it :mad: . How can I fix GRUB2? since I can't access Ubuntu 14.04 without it....

Last edited:
EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies

Add an entry to the Windows bootloader for your Ubuntu partition. Then you should be able to boot into Ubuntu and either keep the Windows bootloader, or repair GRUB from within Ubuntu if you want to go back to using GRUB.

OK, I looked at the website, where is the download link at? I'm lookin, can't find it...

update : nevermind, while digging around, i eventually found it...

update 2: the download is stuck... :(

update 3: LOL after cancelling the stuck download, and clicking the retry button 5 times, it completed.. thanks Carnage

Last edited:
Screenshot%20%281%29.png
uhhhhh.... the option for adding a Linux entry is greyed out.... :/

You shouldn't need to totally reinstall Ubuntu...if you can even get into an Ubuntu LiveCD / installer, you can reinstall GRUB.

Back
Top Bottom