grub

Status
Not open for further replies.
on my dual boot system, i was stupid enough to install fedora at about 1:00 am and made a mistake when i was configuring grub. well i configured grub during the install and forgot to name the windows xp option and also forgot to set this as default. i figure i can change it by editing the grub.conf file right? any instructions or is there actually a GUI way to configure grub

:( noone??? i think that by editing the line following title on the second section of grub.conf that says "other" to "windows xp" i will solve my first problem. and by changing the default "default=0" to "default=1" i will solve my second problem. can anyone confirm this because if i screw up the grub.conf i think im stuck with a linux command line which i am useless with and then i'll have to go back to my trusty live cd's but i don't want to have to do that when i can get it right first time.

default=0
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd0,4)/grub/splash.xpm.gz

title GNU/Linux Fedora Core 1 (2.4.22-1.2174.nptl)
root (hd0,4)
kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2174.nptl ro root=LABEL=/ hdc=ide-scsi apm=off acpi=on rhgb
initrd /initrd-2.4.22-1.2174.nptl.img

title Microsoft Windows XP Pro
rootnoverify (hd0,0)
chainloader +1
Here's a sample...just wanna make sure you have the correct (hd0,0)/(hd1,0) etc etc....

shan said:
default=0
timeout=10

root (hd0,4)
kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2174.nptl ro root=LABEL=/ hdc=ide-scsi apm=off acpi=on rhgb

rootnoverify (hd0,0)
chainloader +1
Here's a sample...just wanna make sure you have the correct (hd0,0)/(hd1,0) etc etc....

:eek: :eek: :eek:

its shan!!!!

wow finally got round to editing the file. god im slow. worked perfectly, thanks for confirming this guys. for anyone else who did the same as me:
default=0
timeout=10

root (hd0,4)

rootnoverify (hd0,0)
chainloader +1

like i mentioned before change "default=0" to "default=1" and "other" to "windows xp"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom