Gparted live question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chara33

Daemon Poster
I have 2 internal HD in my PC. When I put my gparted live cd in and get to its GUI, I can only see 1 of my HD's and not the other. What do I need to do so I can see both? Do I need to chose a certain option in the menus before I get to the GUI or do I need to select a certain option when I am in the GUI? Can someone please help me with this?

thx

On the top right, you should see a button with a down arrow that lists the drive's name in GParted (something like SDA0 or something of that sort). Click and hold to make a dropdown box come down, hover your mouse over the other drive, and release the click. It'll scan your other drive now.

Carnage, That did the trick. I have never used gparted before so plz bare with me. I selected the OS, the chose partition, then NTFS. I then saw at the bottom of the GUI and it said Format /dev/sdb1 as NTFS which was what I wanted and below that it said 1 operation pending. Am I suppose to do something after that or just wait for a bit and then it will take off? What does the screen look like once it starts to format? Also, taking your best guess, how long should a 80 GB HD take to format?

thx

You have to hit the Apply button on the top toolbar.

Time can vary per system.

Moved to Linux area. GParted is not a Windows based software package. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom