Going about installing linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnelson8611

Baseband Member
I purchased a used pc from a pawn shop. At first the bios wasn't reading the hard drive but I fixed that little problem but then something happened with the network card so I decided to just wipe the hard drive out all together.

I've been wanting to install Linux on it but how would I go about installing without a cd-rom drive (pc has none installed). My only thought was to either put the hard drive in the computer I am running now, installing Linux on it then transferring the hard drive back to the other computer or, if there is a way, hook up the older pc to my new pc and transfer linux on it.

How should I install?

Yeah, it won't work to install it on the harddrive on one computer and put it in the other. Easiest way is to just install a CD-ROM drive. You can find them really cheap these days if you don't want to take it out of your old computer.

Yeah, don't quite want to bother taking my cd out of my other computer. I have a couple of older cd-rom drives, problem is that I don't know if they are capable of reading cd-r's.

another way is to download it = / It's not a good option but you can certainly try it. Otherwise if you have a portable hard drive (firewire) or ipod or any large storage mp3 players using USB will do.

Greg said:
Yeah, it won't work to install it on the harddrive on one computer and put it in the other. Easiest way is to just install a CD-ROM drive. You can find them really cheap these days if you don't want to take it out of your old computer.

yes it will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom