Get the tv working, and now the movie player stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorn

In Runtime
The movie player in Ubuntu just stopped working, right after I installed flash player, using the code:
Code:
sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

Would this do it? Is there a way to remove it?

Edit:
There's apparently some conflict problem. When I just have Movie Player open it works fine, but whenever I have a Youtube video playing and then open a movie, it doesn't work, and if I have a movie going then open Youtube, Youtube doesn't work. Anyone know why?

Linux apps have always had problems sharing my audio hardware, but I've never cared enough to look for a solution

Really? I've never once had a problem with multiple programs sharing audio, except audacity which is an ancient application to begin with. I often run youtube, amarok, and vlc at the same time, too. Often times I'll just pause one (which obviously doesn't end the process) and play another... all without any issues. Hmm.. but now that I think about it, it may be due to the sound settings I have too...

What are your sound output/settings set at in movie player? What about in system - preferences - sounds? You'll see like 5 drop-down lines. What are each of them set to?

What are your sound output/settings set at in movie player? What about in system - preferences - sounds? You'll see like 5 drop-down lines. What are each of them set to?

The first three drop downs are Autodetect, then Sound Capture is ALSA, and Device is Alsa Mixer.

Yeah... that's really what settings they should be at...

I haven't had any issues... I remember once I had an issue with YouTube and Amarok, but I had a bad setting in Amarok which caused it...

Thorn - what are your settings in Movie Player with sound?

Also - Do you have this problem with other programs with YouTube? Like YouTube/Amarok? YouTube/VLC? YouTube/Mplayer? Etc...

The only thing under under the Sound tab is Volume or the type of audio. Then under preferences, it's only what audio output type.

Yes, Any combo of youtube/flash in my browser and any media player.

Hmm... As I type this I am listening to YouTube + Movie Player. I'm playing a music video I have downloaded through Movie Player.

My settings are as follows.

System-Preferences-Sounds
Sound Events - Autodetect
Music and Movies - Autodetect
Audio Conferencing - Autodetect, ALSA Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
Default Mixer Tracks - C-Media CMI8768 (Alsa Mixer)

Note - C-Media is my sound card's chipset, just FYI. Yours may vary.

In Movie Player:
Edit - Preferences - Audio tab - Output Type - Stereo

Note - Just another thought, what plugins are you using to play YouTube content (besides flash, of course). Are you using Mplayer codecs? VLC codecs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom