The future of wine

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonanse

Baseband Member
i'm sure you guys all heard about wine but is wine going to emulator vista any time in the 2007 or 2008. Also this kinda of the wrong section to ask this question but is wine going to make a exe for xp to emulate vista, so people that just want to play the new games on vista but not jump into the new os for example "halo 2" even though no one cares about a 3-4 years old game that is way to overrated...

WHY on earth would Wine make a compatibility layer for Windows? They wouldn't do that...

Plus, I don't think you get it: Wine is not an emulator. You can tweak it to work with new things if you have the resources and Wine supports it, so I only assume they will add support for Vista things...

well what ever it is but it's kinda of the same point of view for linux and the xp user with this new os we want things to be compatile but mostly likely the linuxs user wouldb be putting this to more use, basically i just want to use this tool( if they made it) for new game made for the vista because most of the stuff probaly will be already compatible and for the other part i don't want to run some os that is a hore on most of my hardware...

microsoft SHOULD develop that, but they wont, they'll just say use vista. besides, vista will run windows xp programs too... vista is basically windows xp with some thnigs moved around and a goofy looking resource hog of a GUI.

well it's just one of those idea's that you think up when your bored or should be learning something in school...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom