freespire

Status
Not open for further replies.

rupsyco

Beta member
Dear forum,

anyone that knows what has happened to freespire? I installed it in one machine but when trying to update no repositories available... i can't create id for their forum and seems like this Xandros guys that have aquired linspire don't give a dang about it.

I would be glad if anyone could help me out on how to update it. I have placed apt2.linspire.org for apt-get, but my packages are all updated for that, thus I need to find other ways and this stupid CNR when i try to install anything needs to be update, but then the java frame gets jammed with an error and can't go anywhere. I checked with java.com and tells me that i don't have the latest ahh... frustrating.

Thanks ahead for the help.
R.

sorry, I had posted same to the programming lounge, but maybe this would be a better place for that.

You mean Linspire? Which used to be LindowsOS? Man, I haven't heard about that stuff in ages. I like the name Linspire better than Freespire though.

From what I can tell, it's discontinued.

well, Linspire didn't come free... freespire was the community mantained free version of it. being community mantained is not supposed to be discontinued, the nice thing I wanted to try is the fact that drivers and proprietary plugins were also used in that, but I've recently tried the beta of Ubuntu latest and things are much better there, I can see youtube and yahoo videos ok. I guess that if I can't get help on this freespire I'll use Ubuntu... will wait until Ubuntu will release the official version on the 24th.

Oh, I was a member of deviantArt when LindowsOS first came out...then they changed their name to Linspire, and there was a wallpaper contest that I entered. They were giving dA members free copies of Linspire. Didn't realize it cost money. :p

well, Linspire didn't come free... freespire was the community mantained free version of it. being community mantained is not supposed to be discontinued, the nice thing I wanted to try is the fact that drivers and proprietary plugins were also used in that, but I've recently tried the beta of Ubuntu latest and things are much better there, I can see youtube and yahoo videos ok. I guess that if I can't get help on this freespire I'll use Ubuntu... will wait until Ubuntu will release the official version on the 24th.

That sounds like a plan. Only problem I am having with Ubuntu right now is Flashplayer 10. Adobe apparently doesn't support x84_64 in Flashplayer 10. (Not really Ubuntu's fault just thought I would mention it).

Well it still got deleted, all it said was basically what Hikari said only earlier.

Muff, are you saying if two people say basically the same thing, you edit one out ?

*Bact to topic:

I don't know what to tell you about Freespire but if you do go ahead with Ubuntu, I
do believe you will like it.

No I am not mate, he posted this exact thread in the programming area so I deleted that one an left this one in place.

Oh I see, and I did think it was odd that I thought I saw the post in a different part of the forums. That explains it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom