few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
1. My file Mangernet keeps crahing wheni downlaod a file im trying to get firefox on so i dont use Opera browers. Dont know what to do.

2. is there a way to switch in and out between hdd i have two and i would like to try and put on the 2nd hdd another linux distro . But i want to know if i can like switch in and out of them.

3. Is there way to put linux on a another old computer of mine that seems to only detect the floppy when it has a cd-rom in it.

2. i would like to swap in and out of them. in and out betwween both hdds.
3. thanks.
1. it wont do nothing it says it crashed.

Alright, for the Firefox problem, since the file manager is crashing, try this.

After you've downloaded the Firefox install file, open up a terminal. Change to the directory in which the file is located. Then type in:
Code:
gzip -d firefox-1.0.4.installer.tar.gz && tar xvf firefox-1.0.4.installer.tar

...and hit enter.

After doing that, type
Code:
ls
and hit enter to make sure there is a directory named "firefox-installer". Type
Code:
cd firefox-installer
to get into that folder. Now, type in
Code:
./firefox-installer
and follow the steps of the installer. Remember to make note of where the program installs Firefox so that you can access it later.

Once you have finished installing Firefox, close out of the installer and the terminal window.

And voila! Firefox is installed.

Hopefully this works for you.

ok i cant find a teminal. under xandros. And as i said before about the swaping between hdd how can i do it.

OK...

If there is a run option somewhere, like in one of the menus, select that, type in "xterm" and hit enter.

Swapping hard drives...we need to find out a bit about this. Sure, it can be done, but is the drive you plan on taking out the one with the bootloader (GRUB/LILO) on it?

um.. didnt work says "Could not run the specficed command. And i think this xandros is running lilo. When i disconnected this hdd to see what it would do it went into a red screen sayin LILO BootLoader choose windows or linux which the linux on that would be slackware but i want to get rid of it. And put something esle. Like Gentoo or something.

no i didnt put it on there. lilo is on the 2nd which is the other one that has slackware which i want to put somehting esle on. i want both i want tom acess both hdd at the same time and like pick with one i want to go in.

Oh, OK. Sorry, I kinda got the wrong idea there.

I think there is a way to set up LILO so that you can add another drive to the boot choices, but I'm not sure.

horndude would be better able to answer that question for you; my experience lies more with GRUB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom