The Fedora Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
The Fedora Project is an openly-developed project designed by Red Hat, open for general participation, led by a meritocracy, following a set of project objectives.

The goal of The Fedora Project is to work with the Linux community to build a complete, general purpose operating system exclusively from open source software. Development will be done in a public forum.

The project will produce time-based releases of Fedora Core about 2-3 times a year, with a public release schedule.

The Red Hat engineering team will continue to participate in building Fedora Core and will invite and encourage more outside participation than in past releases.

By using this more open process, we hope to provide an operating system more in line with the ideals of free software and more appealing to the open source community.

Fedora

agreed. but it might be a little to flashy and a little too userfriendly. but great for the linux newbie, i like the netbios viewing....not as fast as mount but pretty

flashy is never bad and how is too user friendly bad also I don't think of it as a noob Linux as it's harder to learn than Red Hat.

This all depends on what you are learning. Are you learning to be an End User or a Root Super User. An EndUser, go with Fedora! System Admin or Root User's will usally steer clear of using the Fedora projects for Production systems. Just not stable enough in my opinion. But a great thing for the future of Linux.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom