Fedora Core 2 can go to hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzard34

Baseband Member
Ok so i have winxp home edition on my pc w/ a second hard drive. I decided to install fedora core 2 on this second drive. So i install it and use GRUB as the main bootloader and its placed on /dev/hda, the same drive where i have winxp. about a third of the way thru installation the pc crashes and keeps crashing because the cd media is corrupted. I restart the pc and i always get the same error message which is "error loading oprerating system". I've tried reinstalling windows, formatting the drives, done everything under the ****ing sun and I still get the the same error. The only thing left is to flash the BIOS and upgrade it, as this may be a mainboard error, according to Micro$oft. CAN ANYONE ELSE GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS!?!?!:angry: :mad: :angry:

tried that didnt work... i posted this in another forum and rite now the only solution is to totally wipe the drive and reinstall windows...

Well yeah you can wipe out the drive , the last thing that you can do.
If you can't do it from your own computer , try connecting you HDD as a slave to your friends computer , use a Disk Managment utility like Partition Magic (windows Xp Has built in Disk Managment) ,and perform the necessary actions.

There was a problem with fedora/xp dual boot not working, here is a quote from the red hat bugzilla.

Additional Comment #15 From Radek Vendelberger on 2004-04-27 11:59 -------

I solved this problem on my computer.

FC1 and windows on my comp boot fine both, but if i upgrade to FC2
test1, so windows boot manager dont load. I tried reinstall both
systems, repartitioning whole disk - nothing, after i install grub,
windows boot loader dont start and this problem dont solve fdisk /mbr.

All that you need is set your disk to LBA mode in BIOS. Dont leave
there AUTO. Thats all. Linux read BIOS access mode wrong and grub
setup something wrong on MBR - its why windows boot manager cant be
find in MBR and windows cannt start.

Attention. Please, check what access mode you realy normal use to
access disk. Changing access mode from Large to LBA for example can
lead to lose data from your disk!

If you use another access mode than LBA and setting them in BIOS
doesnt work, try backup your data and repartitioning disk in LBA mode.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzill...g.cgi?id=115980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom