Ext3 viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you sure it works with ext3 system files? I installed ext2 ifs but nothing happens or nothing is installed.

Edit : haha nevermind, got it to work, very nice :p thanks for this

the EXT2IFS driver works fine with EXT3 partitions because the only difference between EXT2 and EXT3 is that EXT3 is journalled. it will work but there will be no journalling by the driver.

edit: changed EXT2 to EXT3 as that's what i meant. i have used the driver for about 1-2 years with EXT3 partitions and have not experienced any problems other than having to run FSCK every now and then if the partition wasn't cleanly unmounted.

The IFS works fine with ext3 as well as ext2 drives. I have long used the IFS to read my ext3 Ubuntu partitions in Windows 2k and XP. It has a few bugs (sometimes it will randomly say the drive isn't formatted, but reinstalling it usually fixes that) but other than that it works great (you can play media or files directly off your ext3 partition).

Ah thanks for the info. By the way what is the journaling part of the ext3? Also i have 2 drives for the ext3 i have my H driver for the linux kernel main files etc, and my driver F which is the swap file.

When i try and open the swap file it says "The drive F has not yet be formatted, would you like to format now?" But also i was thinking of jsut repartitioning my swap file and readding it to the main drive.

Seeing as i have 1.5 gig of ram is the swap necessary still?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom