dual screen, xorg.conf problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzjj

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I have recently installe d suse10.0 and am getting round to setting it up properly, but am having one or two problems with my graphics card.

I have an ATI Radeon 9800 and have downloaded and installed the correct driver for it. When i go to run fglrxconfig it all runs good although i cannot seem to be able to set my monitors as independant displays (i.e be able to configure the desktop on each independantly) only as an extended desktop across both.

I was hoping someone has gotten this working and would let me get a copy of their xorg.conf file. On a side point SaX2 just doesnt work and gives odd error messages if i try to change anything in it after using fglrxconfig - which is a shame since there seems to be settings in it to do what i want to, although before i ran fgllrxconfig they were not there.

cheers

aaaaaaaaah, knew about Yast, had no clue about the other

well, expecting it to work in a weird situation like dual monitors is asking alot I think....rarely do these things work like expected, the old fashioned hand editing always works

Im kind of there. I've given up on the independant displays and have an extended desktop but it does screw up every now and then... well most of the time actually. it seems to just make up some arbitary resolution for the secondary monitor. Restarting the xserver sometimes works.

If your using the xinerama extension to X both monitors must be the same color depth and resolution I believe. The window manager must also have the xinerama extension compiled in as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom