Drivers.. Is it easy to find?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would bet money that that would "just work" without any intervention on a fresh install :)

fresh install wont mean anything at all, drivers are not registered in linux, you cannot apply windows concepts to linux or unix, doesnt work that way

ive been looking, it may work, but I seriously doubt it will work will all the functions you would expect under windows........check with creative and see what they say about it

it might work with basic soundblaster type kernel modules, dont know for sure, specific kernel modules for that particular card arent on my system and arent listed anywhere ive checked

I believe you can use alsa to make it work, however surround sound I am not so sure. I have a Creative card myself (not that paticular one, but an older one) and it works just fine 2.1 with alsa.

horndude said:
fresh install wont mean anything at all, drivers are not registered in linux, you cannot apply windows concepts to linux or unix, doesnt work that way

ive been looking, it may work, but I seriously doubt it will work will all the functions you would expect under windows........check with creative and see what they say about it

it might work with basic soundblaster type kernel modules, dont know for sure, specific kernel modules for that particular card arent on my system and arent listed anywhere ive checked

I said I bet it would work with a fresh install because I doubt all 5.1 would work by itself. You would problably have to reconfigure alsa or whatever sound app you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom