Doom3 Demo Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerman

Fully Optimized
I keep getting an MD5 Checksum error when trying to install the doom3 demo... It is the Linux version. Here is the error:

lazerman@Kubuntu:~$ sudo sh doom3-linux-1.1.1286-demo.x86.run
Verifying archive integrity...Error in MD5 checksums: 128174cd087d49dad7611b561d927ffd is different from 319c7d28bb6a3333c4b74eaa9bfd6bc9

Soooo what do I do now, do I download it again?

Is there a way to edit the checksum? I know it's a good file, I downloaded it straight from ftp.idsoftware.com/doom3 .

Please help me out! I am going to download it again to see if that changes anything.

Ahh I downloaded it again and it still didn't work!

lazerman@Kubuntu:~$ sudo sh doom3-linux-1.1.1286-demo.x86.run
Password:
Verifying archive integrity...Error in MD5 checksums: 080ec42710c6d6f5ab393208bee19cce is different from 319c7d28bb6a3333c4b74eaa9bfd6bc9
lazerman@Kubuntu:~$

Do I keep trying to download it?

I am sort of a Linux newb too, I have never installed a game so I can't really help you :( sorry.

there is something seriously wrong.

try downloading it from a different server.

what should happen is when you run that command, it will open a graphical installer.

i have never seen that happen before.

edit- try bittorrent-ing it also.

do you have your video drivers and everything installed and ready to go for playing doom 3?

Yes I have everything installed. The site I keep dl'ing it from is the only site other than a bittorrent dl. I don't know how to install bittorrent though, it doesn't have an installer.

Also will Doom3 play faster in linux rather than xp?

Yay got her installed... I ended up having to install bittorrent on xp (dual boot) and download it through that and burn it to a cd. Worked like a charm. Now I just have to install RTCW Enemy Territory.

wolfET is the same thing.

azureus is what you need.

http://azureus.sf.net

there should be some documentation about how to symlink java to it and to mozilla and stuff. if it didnt already come with your distro.

its for all platforms.

so answer your question about doom running faster in linux than in windows - no.

windows was slightly faster last time i played doom in both OSes

but hl2 runs faster in Cedega (winex) than in windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom