Disconnect WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalcProgrammer1

Fully Optimized
How do I do it? I'm trying to run Wireshark but in order for a true capture you have to disconnect your WiFi card from the AP. Network Manager gives no such option and trying to connect to a fake network just eventually goes back to your real one. I don't know what command you use but there should be a way to disconnect using terminal.

You have a graph on the superior right corner of your screen which displays the wireless signal strength, right click on it and choose "Disable wireless". Or you can type "sudo ifconfig wlan0 down" in the terminal to disable the card and then "sudo ifconfig wlan0 up" to enable it, being wlan0 the name of the wireless card. If you don't know the name of your card type "ifconfig" and it will appear all the network cards your system can recognize.

If you uncheck the Disable wireless it actually disables wlan0 entirely, it didn't show up in ifconfig nor wireshark nor anything else. Every time I restarted the card it'd connect. I found that I could use aircrack to put it in monitoring mode so that worked. It made a fake network device that outputted all the packets the card received, though all I could see were beacon packets.

I'm just playing around with Wireshark, someone at our robotics meeting told me that you could punch in a WPA-PSK key and it'd decode all network traffic so I wanted to see if it was true or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom