Digital Photo's and linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oaffy

Solid State Member
I am about to buy an Olympus 5060 digital camera with a Canon i960 printer. Does any one have this set up or somthing like it runing under linux/debian? I realy just need a way to download and have the printer set up. I have a old copy of Corel Draw for linux (1999) i think it is verson 8 or 9; so i have the editing taken care of.

Any body have a good set up, what are you using for your photo's, what do you recomend??

Try libgphoto and a frontend for it at sourceforge.net, check the documents section for libgphoto for camera listings.........libgphoto has its own site somewhere, just dont have it bookmarked at teh moment :(

For the printer I think it will but check http://www.linuxprinting.org and see about compatibility, especially with CUPS..........best bet when it comes to printing in my experience.

Mandrake 9.2 and 10 have native support for many Digital Cameras and most USB printers. Check they're compatability list.

And for editing nothing beats The Gimp.

i got the camera to work, still playing with the printer, have the i800 drivers working for the canon i960. for the most part the same printer.

Thanks for the help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom