Device Manager on Redhat/Fedora based Distro

Status
Not open for further replies.
kde-->start/system/control center or utilities/peripherals, or probably redhats version of yum or yast, not sure

linux isnt windows, a "device manager" like your used to in windows doesnt really exist in linux, all they are is GUI front ends to commandline apps already there

I honestly haven't been using windows as much. I was told there was a device manager though where I could change my sound card driver from a list are you saying it doesn't exist?

dont believe that exists,nope

simple solution, open a terminal as root and use either modprobe -r or rmmod to remove or unload the current kernel module for your sound card then use modprobe or insmod to load another one

currently loaded modules will be listed with lsmod

available modules can be found in /lib/modules/.......

also the modules init script should have a section for uncommenting and commenting most kernel modules at boot up, cant remember what the sysV init scripts are called, but they are in /etc, rc something, I think they are numbered rc.1 rc.2 ect etc

you wont need to type the whole thing, just the first part w/o the .o.gz

insmod sb16 would load the soundblaster 16 module, insmod 8139too loads the realek8139 NIC module, they are all abbreviated like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom