Debian ISOs

Status
Not open for further replies.
the reason there are so many is because each one is the newer veersion and does something esle. that the others cant and something like that lol. the newst one is "Sarge" the one before that is "Woody". i owuld go with Sarge someone told e that it has better support then woody more stable.

there are also a lot of platforms for them ... what kind of processor do you have, and i will tell you which one you need. or you can figure it out on your own. ia64 is NOT athlon 64, it is xeon, so dont get confused. the amd64 kernel is kind of unstable ... i tried it, but i am currently running the i368 kernel on my athlong 64 chip and it works fine.

Woody sucks. It's not stable and there is practically no installer. Sarge is newer, nicer, and more up to date. Get it.

There are the Jidgo install CDs, the netinstall CDs, and the regular CDs, and you can pick whichever one appeals to you the most. I prefer the netinstall myself. Make sure it is correct for your arch, though.

well i'm aware of the platforms, but i went to download via bittorrent, and it said all the same thing except one was 1.iso, 2.iso all the way through 14.iso but i think i found that i just need the net install

yeah, i was going to edit my last post and tell you do netist, but i didnt feel like walking you through the incompatible gigabit ethernet cards bahh ...

i don't know if i should even bother switching distros, FC4 is working just fine for me.. i just thought it would be nice to get my foot in the door of a distro that used a different package management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom