cros-haswell-modules.sh: No such file or directory?

Can we see the exact steps you are taking to get to that error?

What you'd need to do to run a downlaoded .sh file is first chmod +x it

cd /path/to/the/file
chmod +x filetoexecute.sh
./filetoexecute.sh
(the ./ executes whatever is in the ./ current directory. Otherwise it looks through your $PATH variable, and I assume you aren't in one of those directories)

sudo bash cron-haswell-modules.sh

^^ that's what I meant by "prefix with sudo". The 'sudo' command is super user (aka root) privileges.

Oh, I was wondering if that's what you meant by that, but I was pretty sure it would be hard to accidentally not type 'sudo' at the beginning so I thought it meant something else. Anyway, yes, I am prefixing with sudo.

Can we see the exact steps you are taking to get to that error?

What you'd need to do to run a downlaoded .sh file is first chmod +x it

cd /path/to/the/file
chmod +x filetoexecute.sh
./filetoexecute.sh
(the ./ executes whatever is in the ./ current directory. Otherwise it looks through your $PATH variable, and I assume you aren't in one of those directories)
Link to the guide he's using is in first post.

Told him to make it executable already but not sure if he did it :p.

Oh, I was wondering if that's what you meant by that, but I was pretty sure it would be hard to accidentally not type 'sudo' at the beginning so I thought it meant something else. Anyway, yes, I am prefixing with sudo.

Does it actually go through and execute the bash file? If you already made it executable (either through terminal like iFargle shown or through the GUI), and it's not running or not working... then you could try running each command in the bash file manually (one at a time).

I read the link, I just want to see what he's putting in. Maybe a missed step :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom