Couple of Ubuntu Questions for the master

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
Alright Chris. You said i could ask so now i am. I have a Razer Diamonback mouse. I would like to use the Click buttons on the side to go forward and backward. How do i accomplish this? I have tried all sorts of this i read on the net. But nothing seems to work right. Editing the conf.xorg does nothing. Need a solution.

Also i need to install my wired XBOX 360 controller. I have also read thru all the guides for this but to no avail.

Since you are the Linux master Chris i would like some of you words of Wisdom here. Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy is the OS.

Re: Couple of Ubuntu Questions for hte master

I was able to install a PC gamepad in Linux a while back (Logitech Rumble Pad 2) and it worked fine, but I don't remember how I installed it. I think I just installed "joystick" in Synaptic. I'm not sure if it works with 360 controllers though.

As for mice, you probably have to edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf, but I don't know about your particular mouse. I used this to get my ThinkPad's scroll button to work correctly.

joystick should detect a 360 controller as a generic usb game controller.

I will look into your mouse for you, I used to have a logitec mouse with something very much like yours (buttons controlling forward an back) I managed to get them working but only just an even then it was spotty functionality so i will try it again.

Well my PS2 and Gamecube controllers work fine. It is just the 360 that doesnt. I will see if i can find all that info i used before...

I have tried xpad. It didnt work for me. :*(

I tried the xpad route also a couple months ago, and I had no success (for my wired 360 controller). I'll try it out again in a couple of days on a different computer.

What did you use for your ps2 controller, Makaveli?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom