Changing Font?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
My tripple boot is a succes! Now I hate the font I see on most sites especially TF, I like it on windows but for some reason it seems nasty to me on Ubuntu, now is there an easy way just to change the system font?

I must add I am new to Linux and am trying to get into all the codey stuff so bare with me :)

You have to go into Places>Computer>Home Folder (Where the Home folder is the one with your username).

There click View>Show hidden files. Then right click and create a folder called .fonts yes it has the period in front of it.

Now mount your Windows drive. From there go into Windows\Fonts and select all files. Then paste them in the new .fonts folder.

From there Go under Appearance and customize it for the fonts you want. HAve to also adjust the fonts by browser as well.

Not to poke around in a smart manner, but in all sincerity what's wrong with the font? I have standard Ubuntu fonts loaded on my machine and it's very clear and readable. Are yours not the same??

After being in Windows for so long and using Times New Roman, Segoe UI, and Calbri as your main fonts from XP to Vista. The Ubuntu Monospace and Serif fonts do not look right.

That is all it is. I know i felt that way as well. After using TNR and Segoe UI for XP and VIsta respectively looking at sites in Ubuntu seemed weird. So i looked up how to do this as well. It isnt cause the font isnt clear and readable. It just isnt something that being a Windows person is used to.

All a personal preference.

Ok, will look into it later when I've played a bit of COD, cheers Mak

And yes that's all it is. I'm liking Ubuntu and the feel of it. It's come on a lot since the last time I used it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom