Cannot edit windows file!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModerNietz

Baseband Member
I just started using openSUSE and I have some problems. After installing it, I found the windows OS is still there! I can choose whichever one of the two. But if I use openSUSE, I can not edit the windows files. Also, It cannot read the html file. What should I do?

Also, the network is not so good. It often disconnects automatically, I must mannually connect it. Thus It can't play video from the internet. Is there something wrong with the network setting?

1)The windows OS is still there because during installation you chose the option to install linux on a separate partition and not disturb the current filesystem.
2)
But if I use openSUSE, I can not edit the windows files.
are you trying to modify the files on the windows partition itself? if yes then most probably suse is treating the windows partitions as read only because it is ntfs.
try copying the files to your linux native partitions and then try modifying them.

3)to play videos on linux you will need to down load the appropriate codecs..google for that...
hope this helps ... c ya!!

Thanks! For #2, yes, suse treat them as read only. But It doesn't seem to be able to copy the files. Can I make suse not to treat as to be read only?

You should be able to install NTFS-3G which gives your Linux OS the ability to write to an NTFS drive. If you do this, you won't have to copy any files to your Linux drive. That wouldn't do much good for Windows anyway, since you can't copy them back and Windows can't see an ext3 drive.

Seems i have problem installing NTFS-3G, system bug perhaps. Have you sucessfully installed or know someone installed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom