Can not install Ubuntu 8.10!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyecdevf

In Runtime
So today I tried several times to install Ubuntu 8.10. I have downloaded Ubuntu 8.10 three different times and all failed to install!!!!!

sdfdox2.png

zcdvw3.png

zvqy1.png

How did you download the ISO? From the HTTP download or the Torrent? If you got it from the HTTP download did you bother to check the MD5 Sum to make sure you had the whole file? Sounds like you downloaded a partial ISO an it is corrupted. That is why it wont install.

I have downloaded it from Http and torrent but neither worked. I have not checked the MD5 as I never to, do not know how to do and wont do it because it is not my style.

What version of VMworkstation are you using, there is issues occasional with how it installs up date VMware an see how it goes.

I have downloaded it from Http and torrent but neither worked. I have not checked the MD5 as I never to, do not know how to do and wont do it because it is not my style.

I find the chances of solving this to be extremely minimal if simple troubleshooting will be denied.

More than likely, there is something wrong with your downloaded file. Download a new copy from the Ubuntu site and when you burn it, kick it to the slowest speed. Sometimes data burning at higher speeds can get messed up, so burning things like OS CD's is always smarter to do the slowest speed to ensure the best data transfer.

:laughing::laughing:

Sorry but got to laugh. IF you wont even take a simple few seconds to check the file. Then there is no way we can help. This is the first and simplest troubleshooting step there is. If you wont do it cause it isnt your "style" then you can continue to get bad installs and waste CD's.

We are trying to help. If you wont even take the simple advice we give then how can we help? Even the people on the Ubuntu Forums would say the same thing.

:laughing::laughing:

We are trying to help. If you wont even take the simple advice we give then how can we help? Even the people on the Ubuntu Forums would say the same thing.

Well I know what you mean and I do not blame you. I have never downloaded any OS more than once because I have never had any such problems before.

What I forgot to mention is that I did not burn any CD's! I simply downloaded the ISO and configured Vwmare to boot from that location.

The Vmware that I am using is rather old. I am using the 5,5 some thing version.

For kicks and giggles, I recommend you burn the ISO as a LiveCD using a burning application. And at least see if you can boot to it. If you can and everything functions properly on the LiveCD, then I'd take that same ISO and work with it accordingly in your VM application.

I do not have experience at all in virtual applications with operating systems, however if I were in your shoes, I would sacrifice 1 CD to "test" that ISO. Then, at least you know the ISO works. ;)

Well i would say that 1. It would be the version of VMware you are using. As you said it is old and possibly cant work with Ubuntu.

2. Could be that your system is throwing out error from a.) having the ISO mounted in a Virtual Drive and .b) trying to install it to a virtual machine.

Between the 2 you could be causing confusion and corruption.

I think I am just going to give up on Ubuntu. Or maybe wait for the next version.

I have tried every thing. I have burned it to a CD and tried to install it that way but that did not work either. I tried to install it from a ISO I have saved on the HD and that did not work either.

The Ubuntu people told me I have, "medium IO errors." Well thanks for trying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom