can linux share file with ntfs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i boot into window and wanted to access to the 2nd drive that contain linux, can i do that

VMware allows you to run linux in windows. But if you want just to view/copy/delete/edit linux folders in windows , here is the software
http://intercodes.freeunixhost.com/ext 3 browser.zip

i use wine, it is just used to execute .exe files, but after i installed a .exe installer, i had no idea where to look for it, because the way it is install is like in windows, according to that path, it is something like: c:/program file/... something.
You need to mount the windows file systems in linux before you can use wine to emulate the .exe files

yes, when that drive was empty, it does show up under windows, when i formated that drive using linux, it is disappeared from windows
Windows does not support linux file systems [ext2/ext3/resierJFS]. Get the tool above to browse linux partitions from windows.

gohand,

* You cant access NTFS file system from Linux
* You can access Linux File system from windows

Wine is just an emulation software that allows you to run windows binary files in linux.

Hey man you got your access statements wrong.

You CAN access NTFS effectively from Linux (Write is Available but Unstable)
You CANNOT access a Linux parition from Windows.

WINE is NOT a Windows to Linux filesharing program, Samba is.
WINE is a Windows environment emulator which enables users to use windows based programs.

You can share any files viewable from Linux with Samba, even those on a Linux parition, and you can share Windows files to Linux with Samba.

-Mike

yes, u'r right, i checked, it works. And u can access from linux to windows too? thanks

but how? and what about if i want to access from a linux/unix to windows system on a lan connection, do i have to install any extra protacols on that windows?

It should be supported in newer versions of Linux (can somebody confirm this?).

At least the filesystem won't be a problem.

but how? and what about if i want to access from a linux/unix to windows system on a lan connection, do i have to install any extra protacols on that windows?

You have to mount the filesystems in linux using the 'mount' command. Just search in google, and there should be 1000's of tutorials for mounting windows drives or even you can search in this forums...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom