BusyBox (debian)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue4paper

In Runtime
I was trying to show my dad ubuntu, and after the ubuntu loading screen it brought us to a "BusyBox v1.1.3(Debian 1:1.1.3-3ubuntu3) Built-inshell(ash)
enter 'help' for a list of built in commands." i tried "live break=top, then modprobe piix, exit" that didn't work anyone know WHY this is happening and HOW to fix it?

Regards

Are you talking about using a Live CD on his PC or something? I've never heard of that issue. Using a standard Gutsy CD, you should be able to just get into GUI in LiveCD mode. Maybe his PC isn't good enough (you mention piix, I'm assuming Pentium II?) or he doesn't have enough RAM. Ubuntu requires at least 192 minimum, at least 256 recommended. It's good to have 512 actually.

See if that's the problem.

No, no its a normal cd, worked for me and on my sisters old computer. My dad's got 1gig ram and pentium 4. Its something else.

Hmm...what kind of graphics? Shouldn't be an issue though as pretty much everything's at least basic supported in Mesa, but I don't know. I've never had anything but GNOME come up with an Ubuntu CD. Did you try more than once?

Tried something like 4 times, twice with one Rom drive twice with the other one. It gets to the loading screen, that orange bar bounces back and forth like 7 times then goes to the busybox. I read it was a package of small utilities.

I also tried with feisty fawn but that dind't work either.

Xandros worked actually i'm installing it on my dad's computer at the moment then were gonna try and install ubuntu over that.

Any reason why xandros works and not ubuntu?

With Ubuntu if you have a nVidia grapchis card you have to choose Safe Graphics Mode in order for the LiveCD to work. I tried something like 10-12 different Linux Distros before i figured out that my GeForce 6800 PCIe card was teh problem. Once i started to boot with Safe Grpahics mode everything worked. I am within Ubuntu now.

So try Safe GFX Mode and see if that helps. I know that Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy has some issues with the 6800 series cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom