Booting live CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prelude92

Baseband Member
ok guys i have decided to use knoppix STD for my first linux os to learn ... i have burned the distro to a cd and now i cant boot from it.. i have looked around other forums, and it seems that burning at slower speeds is better.. is that so? could this affect my disc?

shouldnt make a difference, chances are you didnt burn it correctly, why this is so difficult for so many people I do not know

google for "imageburn", download that, use it to burn the cd, its almost foolproof

make sure your BIOS is set to boot from a cdrom

linux is NOT windows, it is much more complicated and assumes prior knowledge of computers, unix, and how to do most things and why and how they work, expect lots of problems..........you have alot to learn

i think you might have solved your problem by now but still consider this as just a little piece of info which i happen to know! As mentioned above you will need to make sure that your BIOS is set to boot from a cdrom (set your first boot device to cdrom) . also burning at slower speeds does help because it avoids buffer underrun errors ( personal experience ;) ) and also double check the source by trying out a simulation( in nero) or trying it out on a r/w. goodluck!! c ya!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom