Boot up quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley3344

In Runtime
Ive got ubuntu, fedora 4, windows xp on my hd and I installed in this order windows, fedora 4, ubuntu and now the boot os screen is from ubuntu, I cound change what os would default boot if i did nothing with fedora 4 but i cant figure out how to do that with the ubuntu boot screen any help ( I want windows to be primary). Im a noob to linux and im afraid of it... for now. thanks

I think you over-wrote your Master Boot Record when installing Ubuntu, if it is the only thing that show up...

I am a bit confused though...

What boot manager did you use?

no all of my os's show up and i used no boot manager. now that I looked at somethign more closely what is "os is > 64MB" what is that and i have it set to os/2 . thanks

You have to use a boot manager for Linux...

If you see all 3 of them, why can't you get into Windows or FC4?

Oh, you mean if you leave it un-attended and the 7 or so seconds goes by, it will boot Ubuntu?

Ah. I think you will have to edit GRUB or LILO to do this, and the only way I can think of doing it is with one of the disks. horndude should be able to help you here.

for GRUB, edit /boot/grub/grub.conf and the line that says default=0 change the 0 to whatever number the XP OS is starting from 0 on the top.

you'll have to edit it as root so you can save it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom