Best way to transfer MP3's from Windows to Edgy Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnOfDoom

Daemon Poster
Okay well now that i have familiarized myself with Edgy im considering buying a 2nd hard drive to use strictly for Edgy. Im a big music fan to so i'd like to keep all my music and i dont have alot of CD's to burn and transfer by. so what i want to do is from the same computer that has 1 250 gig with lots of music on it
im adding a second 120gig for ubuntu and i know that ubuntu has a different file system than Windows installs on i think its FAT32 for ubuntu and i know its NTFS for windows.

i've tried in the past and it didnt work to well but then i didnt really understand what i was doing. so maybe things will be different for me now. SO what do you guys think i should do?

really? is there anything special i have to do to be able to view my files on the XP drive?

oh and what would you recomend for a media player in Ubuntu Edgy 6.10? or is the one that comes with it good enough ( i never really used it )

interesting what ubuntu version were u using when i tried it i was using 7.10 but now i've got to where 6.10 is doing better than the first one i tried.

Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon)

When I used it, Ubuntu can see XP, but XP can't see Ubuntu drive without software.

I do not think Edgy auto mounts NTFS drives. With 8.04 being out you really should update your Ubuntu install.

Plus you can run your music right from the Windows drive and not even transfer it to Ubuntu. I never have.

I use Amarok. Rythm Box is also good. VLC is alright. But i found that those 2 are much better.

Plus this should be in the Linux area. Transfer of files amongst OS's is not hardware related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom