"best" Linux distro?

So far I've installed Arch, Debian and Mint (both mate and cinnamon) in virtual machines then used and configured them.

After extensive configuration of Arch, it's like Debian without "plug and play" type driver compatibility. I could never get the enhanced gnome features to work in Virtualbox because of the video drivers that aren't available. There are also less programs that are made for Arch.

Debian is like Ubuntu without the software center. I've tested it on a virtual machine so I don't know exactly how well the drivers work on it on a real computer. It was somehow able to determine I was on a laptop though and it showed a battery icon so that's a good sign.

Mint is Ubuntu with a different desktop gui. That's all it is. EXCEPT that it was very hard to get the google search engine in the firefox browser search box. Who the heck uses DuckDuck go or babylon anyway? Not sure if that was a Mint related thing but it was quite an idiotic thing on someone's part.
Cinnamon was annoying because of the workspace switch thing so I like Mate better.
In the newer ones it's called Unity and is based on Gnome.

Have you tried out KDE?
Yes. I hated it but the dual monitor thing worked. After I uninstalled KDE, the dual monitor drivers stayed. I'm using gnome classic now and I like it.

Mint is Ubuntu with a different desktop gui. That's all it is. EXCEPT that it was very hard to get the google search engine in the firefox browser search box. Who the heck uses DuckDuck go or babylon anyway? Not sure if that was a Mint related thing but it was quite an idiotic thing on someone's part.
Cinnamon was annoying because of the workspace switch thing so I like Mate better.

A lot of people use DuckDuck Go nowadays actually. It's more catered to privacy than Google.

Back
Top Bottom