Avert Media doesn't read on ubuntu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue4paper

In Runtime
Yeah for tv i use "avert media" its via usb. When i boot up xp theres a blue light that turns on maybe half way through the xp load screen. I'm just wondering how come it doesn't turn on at all when i load ubuntu? Is it not recognized? Cause if i can get it to turn on during ubuntu startup then i'm sure my tv program with it will work.

Any ideas? maybe i have to add a section in the xorg.conf for devices?

There is very limited support for TV Tuners in Linux. Have to ask in the Ubuntu forums and see if they haev any drivers for it. But i wouldnt hold my breath. The Tuners supported are few and far between.

I see, but like isn't there anyway to make the usb think that "wine" is the OS and that there is no ubuntu. So it goes through the c drive program files and goes straight to the tv program assigned for the usb ignoring everything else. If you get what i mean.

No there is no way for the USB to think that Wine is the OS. Wine is jsut a emulator. AT that point you might as well use a Virtual Machine and install XP from within Ubuntu and use the TV Tuner then.

If you are lucky you can get the software to install thru Wine. But that is if you are lucky. As i stated you have to go to the Ubuntu Forums. They will help you more than anyone here can. They SPECIALIZE in this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom