ATI: Adequate Drivers for Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdshort

In Runtime
Like most ATI linux users, we are deprived of full capacity drivers which merit comparison to the catalyst. This petition was created not to long ago for the benefit of ATI owners in that ATI Technologies Inc. may take it into consideration.

http://www.petitiononline.com/atipet/petition.html

As an ATI owner, and a Linux user, I feel it's important to spread the word.

... you have decent modem drivers don't you?

This petition is for the creation of more stable drivers or the releasement of open source drivers for the ATI GPU so that the community can better the drivers themselves.

He's referring to the drivers for winmodems........part of the problem with linux and PC's is the pervasiveness of "dumb" hardware which requires drivers for even basic functions.Linux shares the same philosophy as unix, hardware is expected to conform to some basic standards that windows doesnt.So, the end result is modems and printers often have problems.There are quite a few of eahc however that work perfectly, but the for average person switching to linux from windows will often times get caught unaware until its too late.

ATI: Adequate Drivers for Mandrake

mdshort said:
Like most ATI linux users, we are deprived of full capacity drivers which merit comparison to the catalyst. This petition was created not to long ago for the benefit of ATI owners in that ATI Technologies Inc. may take it into consideration.

http://www.petitiononline.com/atipet/petition.html

As an ATI owner, and a Linux user, I feel it's important to spread the word.
I just singed the petition!

Thank you for mentioning this. I was just about to download 'Mandrake' last night!! I HAVE AN ALL-IN-WONDER PRO Dammit!! :angry: :cool:

i signed as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn ati, better get me some easy drivers for my 9800 pro, so dual monitors in linux works a hell of a lot better!!!!! :(

15788 Total Signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom