applications written in c#

Status
Not open for further replies.
of course, it won't run as nicely as on windows (after all, it is a language designed by windows).. However, i could be wrong on my assumptions here.. as i have never used C#.. you *might* need some porting before it will run as required (i mean complex programs, not hello world type of thing)..

the MOno Project is a recent development

considering pre MOno environments(?)

how easy is it to write a C# program to run on LInux?
what are the problems?

Guys, maybe I am wrong, but according to Richard Petersen, the author of the well known "Linux: The Complete Reference" and some others (see Google) in 1973 Dennis Ritchi and Ken Thomas rewrote the UNIX code on C programing language. D.Ritchi, Thompson collegue in the Bell Labs created that programing language. The C lets to create a unifide version of UNIX which could be compilled to the different platforms. At 1980 Microsoft released version of UNIX for PC called Xenix..
So how C could be created for MS? Why programs written on C can not be or to be difficult to run on the C driven OS? Is not FreeBSD ( version of UNIX) used originally to create MS Windows?
In 1973 UNIX has been done on C. What is the first version of Windows and when it was released?

Different flavors of C, C# isnt C, C++ isnt C either, they are somewhat related, but not 100% compatible with each other.

Well, did not know about c#, will check
Would you post a good link to info about c#, plz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom