Apache and Wordpress Issue

cameronm

Beta member
Hey everyone:

This is my first post here, but I am excited to get involved on these forums. I think I have found a new home for IT discussions on the web!

Anyway, I was thinking about posting this under the Web Hosting threads, however it is more about the free software rather than actually hosting it.

You see, I installed Apache, PHP5, and MySQL on my Windows 7 home server. Everything went smoothly, and I got the site up and running.

BUT...

When I am customizing and configuring the wordpress site directly from the server on the wordpress dashboard/control panel, everything works fine. However, when I try and visit the site live from another computer, the site exists and the content is there, but the formatting is all out of wack. It is like the template is not being applied. There is no colors/background/et cetera. Just the words that I had typed in that have been repositioned and just thrown out of wack. I read somewhere that it might have to do with the permissions in the wordpress files directory?

Any ideas or help would be appreciated!

Best,
Cameron

Tried that. Unfortunately same result. Even when I tried it from my iPhone. The site looks all kinds of weird from any browser/computer except the server itself... Very odd...

SOLVED:

Under Settings --> General --> the two site URLs that are available are like
http://localhost/wordpress

Well, this is fine, and I hadn't registered the blog's domain name yet, so localhost was fine, but when I was trying to access it from other computers, it was trying to redirect to localhost (which is weird because most of the content showed up, but was just wacky, out of format, and without images).

Instead, I changed both URLs to 192.168.1.57 (server internal IP) and it works from all computers on the LAN now.

Kindof a silly mistake but had me pulling my hair out for quite a while.

Cheers,
Cameron

Ah, right, forgot about those options (I usually add them without thinking much about it lol). Glad you got it figured out!

Back
Top Bottom