Anyone here use Unix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enterpriser

In Runtime
I am thinking of making the switch from Linux to Unix. Do not get me wrong Linux is a great (the best IMO) operating system. I just want to see if there is people here that I can come to ask questions regarding problems I may (or not) have. On a personal note, I will probably come crawling back to Linux. :)

Edit: Solaris 10 looks and sounds great.

hey there! i have never used unix. so if you are making a switch then i would really like to know the reasons. thats because i want to learn about unix too. (i currently use linux). thanks ! c ya!!

I really just want to experience the Unix operating system. Solaris 10 looks and sounds awesome. I am still deciding and there is a lot of licensing to fill out.

dont you have to pay for unix?
Solaris 10 looks and sounds awesome. I am still deciding and there is a lot of licensing to fill out.
could you elaborate on that? thanks !!

Linux is a Unix like OS, however Linux distributions comply to the Linux Base Standard. Most Linux distributions don't go to the expense of certifying that they meet the Single UNIX Specification. Which is the specification to qualify for the name "Unix"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom