Amsn??

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
hi im trying to install amsn on redhat 9 and it only gets so far until the installationg window dissapears. does anyone know what to do or what libraries do i need?

thx in advance

open terminal and type amsn while in X, its probably installed, just need to run it now

I think he means while using the Red Hat GUI thing, open a terminal window and type in "amsn", and it should open up the amsn window.

nevermind i got it to work. the reason why it kept on stopping the installation was becuase it was already installed and i just went into the folder and placed a shortcut on the desktop so its all good thx for ur help

with linux you can run programs from the command line(type in name and hit enter) and they will run, even graphic ones

Often times when you install an app it wont put a shortcut in a menu or an icon on your desktop, you have to do that yourself.Some GUI's dont have icons or shortcuts, mine doesnt.

Go here: http://www.tldp.org and start reading, I believe they have some tutorials as well ALL docs on linux.You can also find docs on the software in your system in /usr/docs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom