Access NTFS partition from Knoppix

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoneWithTheSin

Solid State Member
Hey guies, is it possible to access a ntfs partiton fron linux knoppix (not read only but write)? My system corrupted due to registry error and wonder if i can fix this problem from linux.

if it will boot into safe mode then do a system restore. If it won't then boot from the cd and reinstall windows. (don't format just reinstall) You will need to reinstall updates and such.

I tried to re install windows but it askw for administrator password and when i type my password it does sayd wrong password

it isn't your password it is looking for it is the hidden account named administrator so leave the password blank.

But you are trying to use the repair console instead of just reinstalling xp.

after it searches for copies of xp follow the instructions for installing a fresh copy of xp. (Esc) select your install and don't delete the partition (this would format your hdd and erase all your files) Unless of course you do want to do a complete fresh install. Just resinstall over your current install. You should get a warning that you will be overrighting everything in the windows folder. This is what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom