5 Ways Linux Shoots Itself in the Foot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I completely agree :tongue: But most of the normal users over on the Ubuntu forums are generally nice about their tech support.

Yeah, I completely agree :tongue: But most of the normal users over on the Ubuntu forums are generally nice about their tech support.

I was going to say... All I ever read (Linux Forum Wise) is UbuntuForums, and that is NOT the case there. At the very most, I've seen users stressing the search function, but normally that's on a post where someone will ask a question that's been covered 400 times and is bumping the post every 5 minutes for an answer.

Number 2 - For a while Best Buy was selling Ubuntu CDs, but then it all dwindles down to the "did we get ripped off?" feeling when users realize later on they could have downloaded it for absolutely free. I didn't think selling Ubuntu CDs for more than a few bucks would last, even at an attractive price of 20 bucks vs Microsoft's 350 or whatever it is. But at the same token - it is what it is.

Number 4 - I'm failing to see why it's a problem? Why would anybody be complaining about the Gnome founder tinkering with .NET for Linux? This is the first I've heard of it, but I spent a few minutes on google regarding this topic and either I'm stupid or I just don't see the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom